Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Austria

June- Aug 07

Austria, well, I don’t like writing much about Austria again, most of u know it anyway…
In Austria I basically wait for the visa, work, hold some Power Point Shows about the Kalash, visit friends, enjoy the time with my family and discuss the way of implementing the new technology and set up of the plant with the biogas people.
After listening to all this and seeing it the first time, it occurred to me, that I would not be able to know, which material for the construction and maintenance could be obtained in Pakistan and which not, or which working skill one could expect and which need to be full trained. A native person would be much better in that. I talked to Ali and his parent, as he was concerned and free to come. He agrees of course, happy about the possibility of a trip to Europe. After a little protracted visa process he really arrives at Munich. He tours around accompanied by my father, siblings or myself in my free time and I also enjoy seeing Austria’s best places again after such a long time in Asia. The timing is perfect, everything is lush green and warm weather for swimming, which I have also missed a lot.
An interesting fact that had never before found its way to my knowledge is, that almost all our kebab shops provide halal food (slaughtered by Muslims with special prayers) – a lucky incident as Ali can not eat other food. There are a few Turkish shops which sell such meat, but dinners in common restaurants become a vegetarian experience for him. But even more than for eating kebab he develops a passion for shopping – which he utterly dislikes in Pakistan. The bags are stuffed with gifts for all people in Pakistan and we must ask for a luggage weight extension at the airline. After some weeks my visa is there, his things are finished and we return to Pakistan together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home